Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth. — Chanakya
These secrets were given by Chanakya which will help you in building a better career. Be it battlefield or the modern workplace.
What I learned from – Corporate Chanakya By Radhakrishnan Pillai
Who is Chanakya
Chanakya was an Indian teacher, philosopher, economist, jurist, and royal advisor. He is traditionally identified as Kauṭilya or Vishnugupta.
He is described as a mastermind kingmaker who was an expert in various fields. Chanakya has written 6000 sutras which have been classified into 15 books, 150 chapters and 180 topics by Chanakya himself.
Read more about him – Click Here
It is divided into 3 parts
Corporate Chanakya is not purely about management but a successful way of life. This book contains principals of Chanakya regarding leadership, management, training, advice, qualities of a leader, finance and teamwork. Scriptures will definitely get your attention in the beginning but once you start reading it will not be the same because there are 175 chapters in this book and it feels like they are not in a flow. Every chapter deals with the different issues but its more like an instruction manual. It became burdensome for me to finish this book as it is extremely dry. The author tried to impart his knowledge in this book but the editor surely didn’t do his work properly. Chapters loosely connected and kind of scattered. It’s basically a self-help book with repetitive things. That is why I have tried to condense it into a few pages so that you can learn from this book without actually reading it.
WILFThis Rating – ★★☆☆☆
What I learned from Part III – Training
How to train your Children or Employees according to Chanakya:-
- Throw challenges form them to work on.
- Learn to say no otherwise they will start taking things for granted.
- Involve them in your business at an early stage so that they can develop an understanding and start finding their own path.
- Guide them in the right directions which in accordance with their fast learning capabilities will them to succeed at an early stage.
- Try Being a mentor to them and not a boss.
- Explain it to them that degrees are important but they are not enough.
- Tell them about gathering practical knowledge and make sure their learning never stops.
- Be open-minded when children want to experiment with something old by mixing it with something new.
How to move up in a career as an employee according to Chanakya:-
- Assemble experience in your field and keep updating your knowledge.
- Work on improving your skills.
- Think about what you can give to the organization.
- Follow the timings and deadlines.
- Know your strengths but work on your weaknesses.
- Tap the right people.
- Be clear about the financials.
- Listen to your mentors and understand what is expected out of you.
- Always participate in new seminars and training sessions.
- Improve continuously by taking small decisions.
- Do Quality work and set up parameters.
- Be among the right people and have a vision and stay updated with the news in your industry.
- Observe the boss and take charge when he isn’t around.
If you want to learn more about this book:-